March – Marc
& Sherry Lewis join the KhonKaen campus staff team until March
2004 before returning to the states to work with youth. Stacey Sanders also arrived and served our team as a teacher for our children
until December 2003.
June – Nui came on staff as an administrative assistant.
December - Begin having CCP’s from CO Australia (arrive during the Australian summer – December/January).
January - Noelle
King arrived to serve our staff team by teaching at Covenant School.
She taught until March 2002 at which point she returned to the states to marry
Ronnie & Heather Barnes family arrive to serve with the Bangkok team. Ronnie had been in seminary in South Carolina in preparation for coming over.
Silk came on staff as a single Thai staff girl on the Bangkok team.
May 2001 - Moe Montenegro marries Gittima (Git), one of our Thai staff women.
* Bob McNabb’s family leaves staff after determining that he had accomplished what God sent him to Thailand to do.
October 2001 - Fone and Chai came on campus staff at KKU. Chai leaves staff in 2006 in order to study at seminary in Bangkok so that he can become a pastor in Thailand.
* Project Serve arrives (a one year men’s team including Chad Watkins, John, Chris, Zach & Jeremy). Chad extended his time and committed to come back to Thailand full time. Chad and his new wife, Michelle, arrived back in Thailand in 2005.
March - Guy (NEU
grad) began as campus staff at KKU and is currently on the NEU team. In November of 2007, he marries Ying, a campus staff girl at NEU, and they continue laboring at NEU.
* Shannon Collins comes on staff with COT in Bangkok and serves as staff until returning to the states in 2004.
June - Foy Thetford arrived and taught the staff children until April 2005. At that point she returned to the US to teach at Oak Mountain Christian School in Birmingham.
* 2003/4 Kent Bailey (COBrazil) assumes leadership of the overseas branches of Campus Outreach (Brazil, Thailand, Central Asia, Australia, South Africa) and begins to work to unite the teams into a single force for building laborers on the campus to reach the lost throughout the world.
February – Rung (Chankasem grad) moves from Bangkok after working with FEBC Christian broadcasting company to work with COT KhonKaen as Brian’s administrative assistant as well as doing campus ministry.
September-- Kate Dale arrived from Kentucky in order to teach the Firpo and Hunt children at Covenant School until November 2005.
* Jay (KKU statistics grad) - Worked in Baakchong for a period of time before returning to KhonKaen in order to get further training and fellowship. He worked with COT until May 2006 before going off staff, finding a secular job and working with our newly forming graduates ministry. Jeff also came on staff and worked with us in various capacities including campus staff, overseeing the student center, and assistant to Dang until going off staff and working in Bangkok.
Jami Smith came over for a 1-year term with the Bangkok team but this time was cut short.
Please choose from the links to see how the story of COT has unfolded over the years.